25 June 2007

Buffalo Wings

Shown on a bed of romaine lettuce w/ ranch dressing (with avocado slices)! I have successfully made Buffalo Wings! Yay!

These rely on a couple of name-brand products. VegeUSA also makes vegetarian drumsticks and I'm sure they would be just as good. Frank's is the traditional hot sauce for Buffalo wings, so I make no promises if you use another brand.

1 pack Vegefarm Smoked Drumsticks
2 Tablespoons butter/margarine
3 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot

Bake the drumsticks at 400F for 15 minutes, until golden. I didn't even grease the pan.
Meanwhile, melt the butter together with the hot sauce, stirring often. I ignored it a little too long and the butter separated, but was otherwise fine.
When the drumsticks are done, remove from the oven and dump the butter-hot sauce mixture over them. Step back and don't breathe the pepper fumes. Toss the drumsticks around in the sauce until most of the sauce has been absorbed.

Yay!

No comments: